The Awesome Elder Jones

The Awesome Elder Jones

Emails - 12/23/13, 12/29/13, 1/6/14


12/23/13 Email 
Hey can you get me your skype name so I can find it when we do it on wednesday.  Anyways, things went pretty well this wee. We had our mission party and I got the package (trying to resist opening all my gifts).  Hopefully, I can have the will power.  We are still working with our investigators.  I hope Bro. Cigurra isn't drifting away and becoming less and less elect.  We need all your prayers on his behalf, pray for him specifically by name.  Man you guys got snow already.  All we have here is cold and rain, reminds me a lot of Seattle.  I can't think of too much else to report that is different.  Elder Freeman and I get along pretty well -- so that is good.  I hope I get to stay here a little longer.  I only have I think three transfers more to go, so I will either pull three here and two some where else or two here and three wherever I go.  Anyways, I love you all lots.  I will see if I can find any new pictures to send.  Thanks for Collins email.  Just sent him one.  Hopefully,  he gets to me.  I don't know what the time change is for him,  but he probably won't get it for a little bit.

Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones


Picture a member of the Gainsville Ward sent to me (Annette Jones)
 


Skype with Elder Jones on Christmas Day 2013!


12/29/13 Email

Things went pretty good this week.  We have found a few new investigators and an plethora of potentials (probably more like eternal potentials.... but you never know).  Collin emailed me back and said that he has finished his first transfer in japan and that it is crazy over there.  It was great to skype, we get one more, although that one will be more like "hey see you in like four days 'click'".  I did finish the Book of Mormon a little before Christmas and I have started reading the Doctrine and Covenants because I have never read it all the way through before.  I'm in like almost D&C 30 now.  Been pretty good lately teaching.  I have really noticed the spirit supporting me in teaching, because I don't feel like its me speaking almost all the time.  Just keep praying for Bro. Cigurra and for our new investigators Herman, and Lee.  Lee is struggling with some addictions and Herman is dealing with opposition and depression.  It is such a bummer that I will be missing the ski season.  Next year I guess.  Time is just moving by too fast now.  Christmas is already past and the new year is almost here.  By no time it will be may and I'll be home....again ;)  I am still gonna have to learn pinochle at some point, eventually, if I have to, I guess.  ;)

Anywho I love you all lots!!!

Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones

1/6/14 Email 

 Well new news, I am getting transferred (probably for the last time) to Athens 2nd ward on bike (there are more than one set there so we will be serving the inner area, gonna be sad to say goodbye to Gainesville).  I will be with someone I know though Elder Hamer, from what I remember I think he's a good guy and a hard worker so that will be good for me.  It has got pretty darn cold the last couple of days.  We are having a low of like 6 and a high of 28 or so today and about the same tomorrow.  Just a freak arctic thing blowing through.  We've had some ice but no snow.  You can send the picture to President Wolfert however and whenever you want to, and that is the old Georgia state flag before the one they have now, the one before that is on it the one with the stars and bars on it.  I actually got a state flag from Bro. Wangemann so I can bring that back.  It looks like I'll end my mission in Athens, I can't think of anything else really to say right now.  Love you all lots!!!

Elder Jacob Christian Jones

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment