The Awesome Elder Jones

The Awesome Elder Jones

12/9 &12/16/13 EMail - Pictures and fender bender!

12/9/13 Email
We weren't able to get a new date set for Bro. Cigurra - probably the 21st I think, I'll let you know.  We're gonna try and get with him this week. This past week has been crazy and busy.  We had a leadership meeting that took both of us out of our area for most of two days that was long and wonderful.  Also I have just got sick with a nasty cough so that has just been a bundle of joy to deal with : /  So I'm trying to rest some and get over it while trying to get work done where I can.  It has gotten cold here, cold and rainy and miserable.  Yeah, President Galt said that they knew the Morin's very well, so that was a "small world" moment.  Our mission Christmas party is on the 19th and our ward party is on the 20th.  And thank you for the blush inducing, embarrassment raising, just pure awesome reminder of my up and coming memorial of the entering into the world of yours truly.  But it is a slap to the face that I am turning 21 soon.  We had a good time with the festival of the nativity this week (despite me being sick and miserable and trying not to die), the final count was over 1600 people came through the building most of which were nonmembers.  It was beautiful.  I will get you pictures soon.  We forgot the camera cord again so as soon as I can get to a computer with the camera cord then I WILL get those to you.  And yes get me Colin’s Email address so I can do that thing we do on computers sometimes on Mondays.  Anywho, I love ya'll lots!

Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones




 Jacob did this picture.
















12/16/13 Email
Wow that’s crazy; at least I got to see Bishop Galvez for a little bit while I was home.  IT'S CRAZY I'm 21! I don't feel that old!!!!  Can't wait for the package and skype (even though I saw you people like 2 or 3 months ago ;)  For P-day we're gonna head up to Dahlonega up north and hang out with some elders up there, should be fun.  My cold has pretty much passed still a little bit of a cough but not as bad as three or four days last week where I had like no voice and coughed so much I barely slept any of those nights, so I was pretty miserable.  I got the Christmas card - that was awesome.  We are working with Bro. Cigurra, he loves the church and the people but he doesn't have a full testimony on some of the basics and there are some doctrinal things that have come to light, so we will visit him and work with him until he feels ready and until we think he is ready.  Just make sure to pray for him by name because that's what the prophet has asked us to do in the last conference.  As for the chalk drawing, everyone has been commenting on it and no one wants to erase it :)  If they do, oh well it's not that big of a deal to me.  I could do it again easily. It is weird to me that the original release date is coming up and all those elders who I came out with will be gone and "I even remain alone" Mormon 8:12.  I feel like the Moroni of my MTC group and my generation in general.  Oh well I'll endure to the end ;)  That's good that Ben said that he wants to go on a mission, just make sure that it is because he WANTS to.  He'll be a great missionary I am sure, probably in like Boise or something like that ; ) or Siberia, where he is going to convert the one guy who lives in the middle of nowhere in Siberia.  I will add a few pictures more here on the end.  I love you all lots!!! 

Love,

Elder Jacob Christian Jones

P.S.  Also in other news, we got in a little bit of a fender bender the other day so our cars a bit dented up, but no one was hurt.  But I did get ticketed for improper lane change.... it was my fault but just an innocent mistake, so I'll figure out how much the fine is so I can pay it.  I'll keep you posted.  Just continuing the curse what will happen next, stay tuned for the next installment of "Adventures with ELDER JONES!!!"
P.S.S. There she is look at that pretty battle scar.  Hope I don't lose my privileges; President doesn't like taking driving privileges away.  They got it appraised to about 1300 dollars.  At about 1500 is where they take away partial privileges and 3000 is where you lose it indefinitely.   Just getting all the information and insurance stuff taken care of.  Uggghh more hassles involving cars.... gosh dang it.  I AM cursed.  That's the thing, he doesn't want to.  I'm not a bad driver, just bad things happen TO me while driving.  I will call today or tomorrow because that is when they said it would be in the system.  I'll find out.  Just wonderful news right? Hey we've got a place for skype at the Randall’s - I think in this ward.  I'll let you know on the time.


 Jacob's other picture he did for their nativity festival last week




No comments:

Post a Comment