The Awesome Elder Jones

The Awesome Elder Jones

5/6/13 E-Mail

Things are going alright thus far.  I do miss my last area alot, and my last companion. Elder Buckway is ok, a little anoying for some reason, but not to bad.  He is from the Ogden area as well just on the other side from what he says. I don't remember the Bishop's name for this ward. We serve about, or at least our apartment is about 30 miles from Athens.  So not terribly far, but we are definately in the country areas of Athens. There are about 9 wards and branches in the Athens Stake - so I don't know. And that is Crazy that Ben is graduating.  It seems only yesterday that it was me who was graduating - now look, almost all the way through my mission! IT IS CRAZY AGGHH. We pretty much have skype.  We asked our dinner for that night if they could and they said they had it.  So hopefully we get all that squared away.  I'll email you the details later.
  
It is so crazy how fast time flies alot of the missionaries that I am close to or have served are almost home now.  Elder Rogers has one transfer left and Elder Farr has two, at least.  I'll have a few like Elder Beus and Elder Chisholm and all of them.   I'm definately going to have to look some of them up when I'm home.
 
I sent a bunch of letters today to some of the family, and I will be getting a card today for Ben and Logan and I'll get that sent off sometime this week hopefully. I sent one to Grandma Muir and Grandma and Grandpa Jones, and one to Kathryn's family, kind of went on a spree. Hopefully that'll get more letters coming in ;)
 
It has been raining alot the last couple of days so work has been difficult, mostly driving around and trying to see less actives that we have.  This area reminds me alot of Ellijay, but the ward is bigger (although the building is smaller surprisingly).  It is spread out and pretty country, but not quite so red neck, none of the crazy hillbillies who are still fighting the civil war for some reason.
 
Anyways, things are going alright.  I love you all lots.  I'll talk to you on Mother's day , and I'll see you in almost 8 months.
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment