Hey everyone,
Sorry I didn't email yesterday. I didn't have access to a computer cause the library was closed on Memorial Day. Anywho, this week was alright, allthough our top investigator dropped us because he's having trouble with his marriage and he needs time to get it all settled, and it turns out she wasn't exactly a fan of him getting baptized. So that was a bummer. We had a member of the bishopbric with us. We wouldn't have known what to say, but he did and the spirit was there. We just don't want him getting baptized and have his family fall apart. That's not what the gospel and this church is about.
Anways, other than that things are going fairly well. We have a good teaching pool still and alot of things we can do to get things going. Thats pretty cool that Ben is going to Snow. Maybe when I get back we can be roomates ;) and he better do good, maybe he can be smarter than I was for my semester, learn from my mistakes. I hate to say it, but I was a freaking retard at most things and I hope I can do better, at least get a job when I get back so I can start earning money to actually take care of my self to a degree. Just start looking so maybe I'll have something straight away when I get back. I think that being on a mission has definately improved me. I'm alot more confident and open and being on a schedule deffinately helps, and my testimony has just skyrocketed. It's hard, but I wouldn't trade this for the world. It feels like I've been doing this forever, but at the same time it feels like it has just flown by and I only have 7 1/2 months left (Mind....Blown.....). I remember how long that graduation was, not too much different from Zone Conferences on the mission, long and boring and by the end you're completely drained, but they are nice to see other missionaries that you haven't seen in a while. The next transfers are coming up in a few weeks here. I think Elder Buckway will be leaving. He's been here for three transfers and thats just how it has worked out for me thus far, come into an area and kick the first person out after one then have one or two more with another companion.
Other than that i don't have much to say. Keep our investigator, Christ Vancleve, in your prayers that he'll be able to get his family in order. I am fairly confident that he had at least somewhat of a testimony, that he was sincere and that when the problems in his life are settled he'll find the gospel again. so just pray for him.
I love you all lots and I'll see you all in 7 and a half months.
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment