4/22/13 E-Mail
Hey everyone, and Hi to you Ben!
Things went alright this week - a little bit slower than last week because Glenn is out of town and we didn't have a whole lot to do. But things are still going fairly well, liking the area and the companion (hope I get to stay with him for one more transfer).
Transfers coming up pretty quick, and this week we're getting training calls so we'll find out if either of us are training new missionaries (crazy!) This transfer has blown by so fast! It's unbelievable! It feels like its been maybe two weeks at most! AND I AM STILL TOTALLY WEIRDED OUT BY THE FACT THAT I HAVE 9 MONTHS LEFT AGGGHH!!! It goes by so fast. I think I probably have a few more areas and hopefully keep some companions for more than one transfer (unlike the first half of my mission uggh), but I don't want to complain. It has been great! My testimony has skyrocketed and I think that I'll be coming home changed, still the same ol' dork that you raised, but with an ability to navigate (from having to deal with crazy georgia roads) and more of a work ethic (I'll probably do alot better working than I did before). As for the dog scootering, sounds like fun there's a mormon.org video where a guy does that with a long board. I've allways thought that longboarding would be pretty fun, thats what that reminds me of.
How was dinner with the missionaries by the way? What do they do that differs from us? I'm sure they teach a whole lot more than we do! Have you ever had the chance of meeting the sister missionaries who live with Grandpa and Grandma? And I really haven't had to talk (in church) all that much since being out on the mission.
It is going to be crazy going home to all the chainges with the yard, not to mention the dog (still weirds me out). Thanks for the email adresses. I will for sure send some emails to those either right now or later.
I love you all lots and I will see you in 9 months! and feel free to email back whenever you want to and get me more letters I haven't got mail for the last while, not since easter at least our mailbox is sad :(
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones
4/29/13 EMail
Hey everyone,
First off, we got transfer calls and I am being transferred. Can't say I'm too happy about it. I LOVE this ward and my companion. This has been a very crazy transfer - apparently a lot of new missionaries and a lot of people being moved around. This last week went by alright. We didn't get to see Glenn. He has been out of town and has had some heart problems so we weren't able to meet with him, hopefully soon. I hope he gets baptized. My new area is going to be the Commerce ward in the Athens zone. Every time I get transferred I get a new zone (just one more to go I guess). My new comps name is Elder Buckway. Also not really excited Elder Chisholm said he can be hard to get along with - hopefully that doesn't turn out to be true about us. I guess Elder Chisholm is going to go into the pile of my one transfer companions (Ughh I was hoping for two transfer companions for the rest of my mission I guess not :/
I was hoping to go back to my first zone or go to the Canton ward to be with Elder Rogers again for his last transfer. I would have been SOOO happy. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Oh well I'll just have to find him after the mission.
I didn't get the anouncement in the mail. Maybe you'll just have to send it to me late. Any other letters and email adresses would be very much appreciated. I'll work on taking more pictures and getting more to you.
Anyways I love you all lots and I'll see you in less than 9 months (almost down to 8 nuts)
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment