Hey, thisis just a quick email about skype on Christmas. The most likely one that we were thinking was doing it at the Bishops house, but they won't be able to do it until about 7:00 or later our time. We have one other possibility more around noon our time, but we have yet to ask them, we have bfast with a member at 10:00 but they don't have skype and the other people live by them. So most likely it will be the Bishop but if any plans fail then we will let you know, we just need to set it up.
Elder Jones
***************************************************************************
12/24/12
Merry Christmas! We have figured out where we are going to skype. We are definately going to do it at Bishop bishop's house @ 7:00 pm our time about. I did get the package at the party, and yes the chocolates were good, and I used some of the salsa the other day. It was still good (no breakage this time). I got you a card today for Christmas, but it won't be there till after. It was just the next time. I could get it so expect that in the next couple of days. We are going to have more meals on christmas than we had on Thanksgiving. We have a breakfast, lunch, inbetween lunch, and dinner and I am sure Bishop will have something for us at skype. It has been fairly normal this week. It has rained some and hasn't been way cold (like low 50s upper 40s) but the humidity does make it bite a little. As far as the Choir, I didn't end up singing. I only went to one practice and we were expecting some investigators so I sat in the back to watch for them. There was one that showed up. Kind of a funny story, we had a stray cat adopt us living in our complex. Elder Chambers gave it some milk and now it won't go away, so we put a box with an old blanket out on the porch and a little bit of tuna. I named it Rahab the harlot, (not my idea to feed the cat, Elder chambers doesn't agree with my name choice). We have STILL been trying to get in with our potentials as well as our current investigators, but they keep dodging us or life has gotten really crazy and they are hard to pin down, so just keep praying for them, and by name Alytha Brookes who is going through some craziness and more prayers would help.
Anyways, that's about it for the week - talk to you tomorrow (its gonna be great!). See ya'll in less than 13 months (holy crap almost a year still blows me away!).
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones
**************************************************************************
12/31/12
Hey, the only new developments is that we picked up a new investigator. Her name is Peaches McDaniel. She is married to a somewhat less active guy, and she lives with his parents who have recently come back into activity. We taught her the first lesson and she is on date for the 26th of January. So that is awesome! We are still trying to get in with our other investigators. We had an appointment with Aletha, the one I talked about before, but she wasn't there. She probably got called into work, so we are still keeping in contact -- just keep praying for her. We have been working with several less active members so we are doing alot of work with that. I don't really miss the cold and the snow all that much. It would have been nice for Christmas and all of that, but I can still go outside with just a jacket and still be fine. At night I will wear gloves and a beanie, but it still isn't really all that cold. I am currently wearing short sleeves on today. I do miss sledding and skiing though. Yeah, I was pretty stoked for the Hobbit. It kinda sucks I can't see it for another YEAR! We'll just have to have a movie marathon when I get home. I haven't got the packages yet I will keep a look out for them. I will look for a camera that is cheaper but will take good pictures so I can start sending pictures back to you. Anywho, I don't have alot more to say about this week, but I love you all lots and I will see you in another year!
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment