Thanks!
It was pretty good. I had dinner at Bishop Bishop's house (if I hadn't already told you yes his last name is Bishop). Oh, have been opening up the twelve days of christmas presents, and I have been enjoying them! Can't wait for the package though, and the Christmas party where I'll get to see missionaries I haven't seen in a while. I got the Christmas card you guys sent-looks like a fun time. Kind of funny when you talked about the Christmas program, we got roped into the choir (can't really argue with the little old ladies in this ward ;) So that was interesting. Apparently I can sing, go figure. I did open my birthday presents early but I still enjoy them. Kinda wondering what's in the Christmas package. We had breakfast with the Stowels this morning for my post birthday type thing. That was good. They are awesome - like so awesome I can't even explain - if we had like 10,000 of them we wouldn't have anyone left to baptize! Senior missionaries are awesome!
It was pretty good. I had dinner at Bishop Bishop's house (if I hadn't already told you yes his last name is Bishop). Oh, have been opening up the twelve days of christmas presents, and I have been enjoying them! Can't wait for the package though, and the Christmas party where I'll get to see missionaries I haven't seen in a while. I got the Christmas card you guys sent-looks like a fun time. Kind of funny when you talked about the Christmas program, we got roped into the choir (can't really argue with the little old ladies in this ward ;) So that was interesting. Apparently I can sing, go figure. I did open my birthday presents early but I still enjoy them. Kinda wondering what's in the Christmas package. We had breakfast with the Stowels this morning for my post birthday type thing. That was good. They are awesome - like so awesome I can't even explain - if we had like 10,000 of them we wouldn't have anyone left to baptize! Senior missionaries are awesome!
As for the teaching, we are still doing alot of less active work. Heaven knows we have our work cut out for us. We have like 300 or so members on the roster and only about 100 ever show up (it has improved, when we got here it was more around 70-80 but it had nothing to do with us, the ward has made a monumental push with some new YOUNGER move ins - we are headed in an awesome direction). We are still trying to catch our potential investigators that we have but they keep dodging us. We are still walking around and trying to talk to as many people on the streets as we can! There are a lot of people here who you would think are humble or rather live in humble circumstances but who are still prideful because they don't want to work or help themselves forward - just wait for their welfare check and go and blow it on rims to trick out their ghetto cars, but that's beside the point. Just keep praying for the people we are teaching, specifically one whose name is Alytha Brookes. She is going through a rough time right now and I know that the gospel is what can help her but we can't pin her down because her schedule is way crazy right now, so prayers would be appreciated, as well as for everyone else we are trying to talk to.
I love you all lots and I will see you in 13 months. Merry Christmas
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones
NOTE FROM ANNETTE: Received a telephone call on Monday, 12/17/12 from Bishop Bishop's father (who is from Utah) who had been visiting his son in Georgia over the weekend. His son had just graduated from Georgia Tech with a Masters Degree. He said the Bishop's had taken care of Elder Jones on his birthday - made him a a cake with strawberries. Brother Bishop told them that he would get their parents' phone numbers and give us a call and tell them how their missionaries were doing when he got back home to Utah. And Brother Bishop said that Elder Jones and Elder Chambers were wonderful missionaries and had their notebooks out taking notes from Bishop Bishop about less active members that they could search out. He said he enjoyed his time with the missionaries! What a nice phone call to know that Elder Jones is doing so well (Proud Mom moment!)
NOTE FROM ANNETTE: Received a telephone call on Monday, 12/17/12 from Bishop Bishop's father (who is from Utah) who had been visiting his son in Georgia over the weekend. His son had just graduated from Georgia Tech with a Masters Degree. He said the Bishop's had taken care of Elder Jones on his birthday - made him a a cake with strawberries. Brother Bishop told them that he would get their parents' phone numbers and give us a call and tell them how their missionaries were doing when he got back home to Utah. And Brother Bishop said that Elder Jones and Elder Chambers were wonderful missionaries and had their notebooks out taking notes from Bishop Bishop about less active members that they could search out. He said he enjoyed his time with the missionaries! What a nice phone call to know that Elder Jones is doing so well (Proud Mom moment!)
No comments:
Post a Comment