Yeah, it has been getting really hot here. The hottest it got was 110 a couple of days ago and has stayed above 100, and with humidity it felt more like swiming in a hot tub than biking. After biking, I can honestly say that I was coated head to toe in sweat and my face was bright red. It is supposed to cool down this week though which I am gratefull for it has been pretty nice today. As for investigators, we have a couple of potentials to check out right now. We will have to see just pray for us that we will get in and soften their hearts :) Elder Indriamiarina (indry-a-mee-a-reena) is a good companion. He LOVES to play soccer, so thats what we do on p-days when we are not playing basket ball (I am still not any good at it, just really good at fouling:) I had a funny thought the other day, maybe when me, Josh Vaughn, Joseph Lawrence and all the others get back and if we had a reunion type dealio that we would have a picture with the flags of where we served, and I think that I would have the most unique one, with my rebel flag. I don't know it was just a thought and it made me smile.
I have had some great experiences out on the mission and even I can tell how I am changing spiritually and maturity wise. I mean I am still the same goof ball, dorky son you have come to know and love, but I can tell that this is taking all that and molding it into something better. It is just awesome. I have come to humble myself before the Lord and have seen the fruits of doing that, of serving. He does reward us for our obedience and our dilligence. Just the other day, on the hottest day probably, we were out biking and trying to talk to people. Before we had done the same thing most of the previous week with very little success talking to maybe 3 or 4 people a day if that. But we were out being dilligent and working in the hottest temperature Georgia has seen in 57 years and we talked to 17 people, and a lot of them where really good contacts. We got a number out of one of them that we could call. The majority of them were good where they were at, but we still had a good conversation and left a card or a pamphlet.
I will work on sending letters to family and others. You know to reap more I need to sow more. Elder Indriamiarina is convinced that he will be going this transfer and that I will be training. If that is true I will be stuck here for the whole summer. And that is about it. I love you all a lot. I know the church is true and the book is blue. And I will see y'all in 18 months (thats right six month mark around the corner my greeny days are almost over). Oh and I tried to send a video from my camera. Hopefully it works if not, then oh well I will just mail the memory card when it gets full.
Oh, Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones
P.S. Hey, I found out that Myldsmail has a limit on size, so I can't send a video via email if it is too big. So I will have a member try and send it or I will send it via mail.
No comments:
Post a Comment