The Awesome Elder Jones

The Awesome Elder Jones

6/25/12 E-Mail and New Pictures!

Hey Family,
 
I am doing great.   I do feel terrible about having to spend so much especially on the camera-the price on the rack said that it was 49.99 but I guess it added up to a higher amount.  I am going to limit my spending to only what I need now that the major expenses are out of the way. I figured out with my JP morgan card I should be spending around 25 or so dollars each time I go to the grocery store, which ideally is every Monday.
 
As far as investigators we don't have anyone.  It is really frustrating.  We are out walking and biking trying to find peopel in 90 degree heat with the georgia humidity (drenched in sweat). It is hard in this area because not that many people are home or out walking during the day. It is really getting hot now, from what people have said we have had a fairly descent june but it has started to get hotter.  This is probably the worst time to be in a bike area. It is really scary biking around this area especially on some of the roads without side walks, where cars don't get out of the way, they pass us close enough that if I wanted to I could reach out and touch the car from my bike. Even though we have the right of way people don't care, they pull out in front of you in cross walks and honk at you when you cross and they have to stop. Like I said before this is a very affluent area and because of that we usually don't run into people who are interested. Once again people always mistake us for Jehovah's witnesses and don't answer the door or say from inside "I'm not interested! go away".
I have been getting no mail the last three weeks I have been here.  I think that if I write to more people then more people will write back, so if you can could you send me some adresses to more of our family and or friends that I could write to and maybe I will get letters back, maybe even a letter to the young men or something (or from, preferably), because it doesn't really matter as much to me what is in the letter, it is the letter that counts, that makes me happy (letters are our lifeblood! Dad, you remember how it was).
 
I feel like I am growing a lot spiritually and I can't wait to see y'all again in a little more than 18 months! ( almost to my six month mark!!!!) And to Ben, I know that this is the best path I could have chosen and I know that his is the true church and that you will find the courage to button up the suit and clip on that name tag. It is an act of faith, you can always take it to your father in heaven, prayer works I have come to realize that since I have been out. The same goes to all you guys Mitchell, Colby, and even Logan. I love all you guys.
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones
 
P.S. Here are some pictures that I have from the new camera ( cost to much, might as well hook up an IV and drain my blood while they're at it). Oh well , enjoy the pictures even my confederate ones, just to let you know I am still one of you Yankees ;)











 

No comments:

Post a Comment