The Awesome Elder Jones

The Awesome Elder Jones

6/11/12 E-Mail - New Area - Johns Creek

So, first off I wasn't able to find my camera before I left Ellijay--unfortunately.   But I told the Elders who are staying there to keep an eye out for it ( I think I might have left it at a members house).  So I might have to get a new one, but I am not liking the idea of spending that much money. My new area in Johns Creek is a lot more urban than the last one.  Yes, I am on bike and am not looking forward to the increase in temperature in the later summer months.  I am already sweating enough as it is.   My new companion Elder Indriamiarina is fun.  He is from Madagascar. He is still learning English so he has language studies in the morning.  He understands most of English but still has some trouble. He is a funny guy though.  He laughs a lot at things I didn't realize were funny. Thus far no real interesting stories, but I did sunburn my fore arms pretty good the first couple of days on a bike because I couldn't find my sunscreen (but I finally found it not to worry).   I have come to hate and love hills - going up I am not thinking the most Christ like words in my head ( which I repented of) but downhills are the best you don't have to do a lot of work and you get a nice breeze. But it is helping me to get in shape, I can already do it way better than I did when I first got here, just developing those legs of steel. We do look pretty ridiculous in suits and ties, wearing a bike helmet and tucking our right pantleg into our socks to keep them from getting caught in the spokes, but I am not complaining, at least we don't have to walk. This area is a lot mor affluent than my last area.  A lot of rich people and nice houses, so it is hard to talk to people who are already content at where they are, in a nice home content with their own religion. So we spend most of our days riding around tracting and talking to people because we don't have any real investigators. I hope to change that, but the ward is pretty involved.  We have dinners pretty much every night and also teamups almost every night.  We just have to find people to see with those teamups (AKA referals). And that is about everything so far.  I will try and get my camera or have to try and get a new one.   If it comes to that I will probably need some money in my account to get one, but I hope it doesn't come to that.
I love you all a lot, and I will see you in 19 months.
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment