The Awesome Elder Jones

The Awesome Elder Jones

6/4/12 E-Mail - 1st Baptism and Transfer!

Well, first, news is we got transfer calls this morning and I am being transferred down to Johns Creek closer to Atlanta. My new companion will be Elder Indriamairina (try and pronounce that! I can't). It's gonna be sad to say goodbye to Ellijay, but I got to leave on a high note with a baptism. I got to do the confirmation on Sunday which was way cool.  Elder Owens did the baptizing on Saturday.  It was a hectic day because she flew in Friday night, had her interview Saturday morning and then was baptized at 12:00.   It was an awesome experience.  I have never met a person more prepared than her.  I think I told you that she walked into the church one day got a book of mormon and read it and said she wanted to be baptized.  She took a trip out to Utah for a while and went to temple square as well as eight other temples. It was an awesome experience.

Just so you know I bought a confederate flag (read 2nd Nephi 3:20) for four dollars.  It's a pretty good size.  I wore it as a cape and wore my rebel hat and got some cool pictures.  Oh, that reminds me I couldn't find my camera (must be somewhere in the apartment).   So, sorry I couldn't get pictures to you. I will let you know my new address when I get settled in Johns Creek on Wednesday. I think Logan's rocket beat Elder Farr's achievement of hitting a deer with a rubics cube one day.  That's awesome.   If I can get some good pictures and if I find my camera then I will get them to you.
I am excited for Josh Vaughn and Joseph Lawrence and also sorry for them because they are going to be stuck in the MTC for 9-12 weeks.  I was only in for 3 (probably for a good reason). I cannot believe that it has been almost five months now, my mission is almost 1/4th the way over thats insane!!!! :(  These months have flown by. My next area is ALOT smaller than this one like maybe a 10th of the size and is probably a bike area - so I am SO excited to ride a bike everywhere, in the middle of summer, further South out of the mountains.  They'll probably have to scrape us off the side of the road because we melted down to a puddle.  On the down side they are only leaving 2 elders in Ellijay, when they really need four-- with 2 in Jasper, but whatever the Lord wills. Elder Vernon is getting transferred up to Hickory Flatt which is in the district I am leaving.  He will be in the same district as his trainer Elder Smith, which sounds like a party.
Anyways, thats about it for this week.   I can't wait to talk to you again next monday, in Johns Creek.
As always I love you all lots, can't wait to see you in 19 months, and keep on those brothers of mine.
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment