Hey Family,
Just got the transfer calls this morning. My companion Elder Indriamiarina is leaving. He will be going to the Jackson area and my new companion will be Elder Robinson. He is from England from what I heard, so I will have two foreign companions in a row!! The temperature has cooled down the last week. We have had a week straight of thunderstorms and rain storms, but it has stayed in the 90s with humidity. From what I heard the heat wave a couple of weeks ago hit 107 degrees which is the hottest it has been recorded in this part of Georgia, down south I heard it hit 112, and that is with humidity so you can imagine what that is like. I got your guys's letters the other day. I also got Grandma's and even a letter from Collin! I mean to write you guys a letter soon as well as Grandma Muir and Grandma and Grandpa Jones. I will try and enclose something for the young men there ( partially to improve the chances of receiving more letters ;)
As for the situation with investigators, it is still slow right now. We are out biking and tracting and street contacting in the Georgia heat and are having trouble finding people to talk to who will listen and accept the message. Perhaps we are meant to wade through this so we can learn patience and diligence, and as long as we are out finding and working perhaps we will find the one, the diamond in the rough that chosen person prepared by the Lord. Spiritually I can see the growth I have made since being out. At first I was pretty shy and not very good at talking to people, but now it has become normal and easy. As you remember I was never very good at talking to people on the phone and I carried that with me, and even in that aspect I have seen improvement.
Oh, and something I forgot to tell you guys in my last emails since being here that Elder Baker is one of our zone leaders here in this zone, and I see him every once and a while for inspections and every other district meeting. Sorry for not mentioning that before.
And there really isn't much else to say other than I know this is the true gospel and it is Christ's church once more restored to the earth. I KNOW my redeemer lives. He knows me, he loves me and I can feel that through his atoning sacrifice, and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment