Ok, so before I get into the email. Something cool happened only two hours ago we were coming in here to do emails when we ran into members from Utah who were here doing research for their family history. One of the sons was a return missionary and the other was about to leave on his. So they took us to lunch at taco bell and we talked for a bit. That was fun.
No I have not gotten the package yet but can't wait until it gets here (maybe today). I think that I have told you about the Early family at one time. They are progressing along very well and if we can keep on them and get them out to church stopping smoking will be a breeze and we can get them baptized. They are closer than they have ever been. The story behind that is that the little baby who is Christinas grandaughter fell and hurt here head and they took here to the Ellijay hospital (note NEVER go there, they don't know anything) and they tell her that she is not going to make it. So they call us in the middle of the night and we pray for her and they took her down to the Atlanta hospital where they tell her that she will be fine and she will recover. It was not a fatal head injury at all and as long as she doesn't bump it again she should be fine. The daughter Harvest (the baby's mom) is now interested and ready to listen to us and come to church and turn her life around, which is awesome. It is really awesome to see how the Lord is working with them to bring them back. They have come leaps and bounds since I first met them when I got here in Ellijay.
We also have picked up someone new named Tonya who is the friend of a less active we have been working on for a long time and she is really into joining and is all gung ho about what we have to tell her. She says that we have answered alot of the questions and concerns she has had. She has had a really rough life, and is dealing with some stuff, but she wants to be baptized and if things go well we should be able to baptize her pretty quick here.
Transfer calls came this morning and I am staying here in Ellijay as well as Elder Beus, but Elder Farr and Elder Quaid are being transferred. Elder Farr is going down to Lilburn and has also been called as a Zone leader. Elder Quaid has been sent over to the Athens area. So basically all the original senior companions are going and all the greenies (us) are staying in this district. I will be getting a new companion here in a couple of days. I know his name is Elder Owens (I think thats how its spelled). We are getting a new district leader too. They are keeping four elders up here in Ellijay which is good because we really need four to work the area well because it is so big. So my training days are over and I only have another 2 or 3 months as a greenie.
That is pretty much all of the news that I have for now, remember the church is true and the book is blue. I love you all a whole lot and can't wait to see you in the 20 months. Tell Ben he needs to work hard and get ready for a mission I want to see him ready and about to go when I get back.
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment