The Awesome Elder Jones

The Awesome Elder Jones

4/30/12 E-Mail

Hey guys sorry about spending my personal lately, out of the $ 400 we get about $130 a month on our JP cards for food and stuff and this month I had to do some major grocery shopping (and I had to pay for Elder Farr's check at Buffalo's because he forgot his JP).  So my JP was out pretty quick, but they will be filling our JPs today or tommorrow so I will be covered.  I just need to use that more carefully.  I really hate using personal funds to pay for anything.  It is nearly always on food though and it is what I have to use it for.
 
My new companions name is Elder Owens.  He is alot more quiet than Elder Farr was, but I like him so far. We picked up a new investigator recently that looks promising.  She has already read the Book of Mormon and everything that we have given her and we will be meeting with her on Wednesday when we have miles to drive up to where she lives.
 
I will try my best to send a letter to Grandma Jones, but it is hard to remember out here because we stay so busy and when we are in at the apartment I am usually pretty drained and tired so it is hard to remember sometimes. But I will make it a priority for this week to send her a letter.
 
I am learning the southern accent so good. I can almost understand what Junior says sometimes ( you remember I probably told you about him). I will probably come home saying "y'all" or "y'uns" and saying "winders" instead of windows.
 
Remember I love you all alot, and remind Ben he needs to be ready and needs to do everything he can, and the same goes for all the rest, and I will see you all in 20 months.
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones

P.S. Yep I got it and thank you so much.  It is starting to get warm here and it looks like its gonna be a hot summer this year because of the mild winter they have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment