The Awesome Elder Jones

The Awesome Elder Jones

4/16/12 E-Mail and New Pictures!







Hey guys, I have been doing great. And the training period is 12 weeks here and will end on the 25th at transfers. I am not sure what will happen. I know that Elder Farr isn't likely to stay because he has been here so long (about 7 and a half months) but if he does he will probably get one more transfer. I think that they will keep most of us up here but two of us will be sent up to open up Blue Ridge (a city in our area that is a ways north of us) then we could work the area very well because it is hard for us to get up there because of limited miles. Personally I think Elder Farr will stay another transfer and me and him will be sent up to open up Blue Ridge, we four will become our own district and Farr will go district leader. But that is all speculation- it will be what the Lord wants it to be. A couple days ago we did way good on contacting. On that day we placed about 4 book of mormons and about fifteen mormon.org cards. It feels so good to be doing the Lord's work, the times that I hate most is when we have nothing to do and we are just sitting in the apartment where all we can do is play cards (Rook is a way fun game though). Oh and I have to go to the dentist either tomorrow or on wednesday so have my dental insurance info ready and be ready for a call from the dentist I am going to. I got referred to a member in Marrietta who is a dentist. I looked at my back top left molar and it is covered in black stuff (luckily it is the only tooth) which is weird because I brush my teeth a minimum once a day and almost always twice a day. So we have to drive a ways tomorrow or wednesday to get my tooth fixed. Oh, and I forgot that package I was planning on sending I think will fit in one of the smaller flat rate boxes, so it shouldn't cost too much to send maybe around five dollars or a little more depending. Love and miss you all lots. Tell Ben, he needs to be getting ready for college and then a mission and I will see y'all in 20 months.

Love,
Elder Jacob C. Jones

P.S. Here are some pictures. For the last one I have a message: "do you know the muffin man?" and the second to last one I think is a posterity (did I spell that right?) picture of trainers and trainees (sons and fathers). There is me, then to my right is Elder Farr, Elder Scothern, Elder Caplin and on the far left is elder caplins new trainee and I am not sure who the Elder on the right is. Elder Caplin has trained so many times it is ridiculous. If I train early that would be five generations in the mission at one time!

No comments:

Post a Comment