(Elder Free and Elder Jones on transfer day)
That's Elder Chisholm in the background of the first one, btw.
Those apartments must be the weirdest I have ever seen - you'll think so too.
Hey Everyone,
Things are going pretty well. My new companion is Elder Chisholm. He is from Draper, Utah. He was trained by the person who trained my trainer (so mission uncle) -- what a coincidence. He was also companions with Elder Farr for a while too. We are getting along fairly well, trying to adapt to being back on bike (holy crap this is a hilly area!). Trying not to get run over by these crazy Georgia drivers. The weather has been cold and rainy lately which has put a damper on us going out and doing a whole lot (pretty hard to talk to people around here, harder than Johns Creek NOBODY walks around here so it is just tracting) but I hope that we will be able to go out and do alot this next week if the weather cooperates. I will be looking forward to your package and I am glad that mine made it all the way to you. Hope you enjoy all the stuff I put in there. Did the vhs's work? I did get them at a thrift store so they might not, but its the thought that counts I guess. I knew that dad would appreciate them. And the two cards, just immediately made me think of Mitchell, and I just gave him a card game that I have never played that I got from Elder Farr when he left Ellijay, hope it was a fun one, it looked like it. Right now our investigators are about the same as before. We keep trying with them, but I guess life gets hectic sometimes, so our focus will be to find some new people to pump up our teaching pool. It is kind of sad to see the suburban go, letting go of the great white whale are we? the MAV (mormon assault vehicle), the abominable snow monster. You still have the navajo still right? Anyways not that big of a deal, but yeah things are going fairly well. I'll probably put some pictures on this email. I love you all lots and I will see you in almost 9 months. Oh yeah that reminds me, because of all the new missionaries coming into the field they did a few 5 week transfers to ease the flow which means that everyone who had been out by this last january will go home a week earlier so I'll likely miss my 2 year mark by a few days! But thats a little ways away (it'll fly though).
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment