The Awesome Elder Jones

The Awesome Elder Jones

2/11/13 -- E-Mail New Pictures and 13 Month Mark!







 
Hey everybody!
 
This last week has been alright, but very slow in terms of our investigators. Anna, the 16 year old, can't really meet with us right now because she needs to take care of some other stuff in her life that she hasn't been able to focus on lately, so that is bummer, but she still knows its true and is reading in the Book of Mormon.  Hopefully her parents didn't get her with some anti or something.  Keep praying for her.  We can still keep in contact and all and we are praying for her too. Our other one, the Perales's have told us they like the church and love everyone in it, but don't plan on changing from Catholicism any time soon. Make that as matter of prayer.  As for the other ones that we have just pray that we will be able to get in with them and to soften their hearts.  It just seems to be a slow time for us and a crazy time for everyone else. We just need to find new people.

Thanks for the pictures - looks like we're all set for when the zombie apocalypse comes around ;). Looked like alot of fun skiing - kind of miss the snow but I kinda don't.  It has been nice for the most part except for the rain which makes it difficult in finding and tracting. We are staying the same with transfers and we are keeping the car, so might just get to avoid really biking in the winter :) I can't believe that this time last year I was missionarying around (yes I made that word up) with Elder Farr, Elder Quaid, and Elder Beus up in gewd ol' Ellerjay (redneck English).
 
I got the package a couple days ago.  Thanks for sending me candy to fatten me up even more than southern cooking already is (I weigh like 165 now last time I weighed myself)! Oh well I appreciate it! Thanks for the new shirts and pants and socks.  I think I have lost some socks and my shirts are getting a bit worn.  The pants fit perfectly, thanks so much. Never did get that package/card/letter from Aunt Sharon,maybe it didn't get sent, oh well it doesn't matter all that much (although letters are much appreciated the mail box has been sad lately).
 
The only interesting thing that really happened this last week was that we got a funny media referral that turned out to be phony from mormon.org. It gave us the name and adress and number and everything then in the notes section it read "Help! I have the devil in me!"  So typical of the South, probably just some one pulling a prank on one of their friends (or there is some crazy guy who sits on his computer all day in some obscure basement and makes fake referrals "mwahahaha this one'll get em!") Oh well We have managed to get good contacts and even return appointments from fake referrals at someone's house, although this one didn't turn out like that at all. Oh well, we are trying to do work as best we can.
 
Anyways, Love ya'll lots and I will see you in 11 months almost exactly! (today is my 13 month mark CRAZY!!!)
 
 
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones
 
 
P.S. I have a few pictures to send.  Visited Lake Lanier for a few minutes got some good pictures and the picture of the funny referral.

No comments:

Post a Comment