Not terribly exciting this week. The only thing is that Saturday was the day our investigator in Flint River was going to get baptized. I haven't heard anything yet. I asked Elder Chambers to send me pictures. It has been pretty nice having a car in this area, especially with the weather being colder (not nearly as bad as back there I am sure). Although we did have some ice a couple of mornings but nothing bad enough to ground us. I have heard though that ice storms are notorious around here, and if any snow falls at all, and sticks on the roads, the mission cars get parked. But it has stayed fairly nice thus far, looks like a Washington day outside right now (minus the drizzle).
I haven't had the chance really to look for new jeans or socks, but I will here shortly and I haven't tried anything on my shirts yet. I don't know if I'll get to it this Pday because we are going up with the Dalonega Elders to Amacola falls for a little hike then we will do something with them after that.
We have 5 or 6 investigators here, one of them is very promising. Her name is Anna - she is 16 and wants to be baptized, comes regularly, the only hang up is her parents. So keep her in your prayers and that her parents heart will be softened. She really enjoys it and is totally ready, but it might just end up with her having to wait untill she turns 18. One other one is a family called the Perales's. The wife is ready from what I can tell, but he is not and she doesn't want to get baptized without him, and he is a pretty stalwart Catholic (they still do the sign of the cross thing when they pray). He is hispanic and speaks decent English, but we need to go on a team up with a Spanish speaker, because I feel there is something he can't phrase good enough for us, is the only way I could describe it. Anyways just keep them in your prayers to, as for the other ones they aren't really progressing but we will keep working on it.
I remember that at Clearfield. It did that when I was there once, must be a super sensitive smoke detector. As for the shirts again, I don't need more urgently but if you want to you could throw a couple shirts in the Valentine package one short one long would suffice (you should send some more salsa I had to leave it behind in Flint River) other than that send whatever you want you could send me a roll of toilet paper, and I would still be happy!
This is a nice area and a good ward. I think I am going to like it here. I have really liked all of my areas (and most of my companions ;) This ward reminds me alot of my second area with the type of people here and Johns Creek has been my favorite ward to serve in thus far, but they are all different really so its hard to choose which was my favorite area, but Elder Rogers definately makes my favorite Companion list.
Anywho, I love you all lots and I will see you in almost 11 months! The time really does fly and its all downhill from here!
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones
Also -- P.S. you should send a picture of all of the swords and knives in the house so I can show my companion :)
No comments:
Post a Comment