This week hasn't been too different from the other weeks here. I got the package, but bad news- the salsa bottle broke and got all over everything. The box was soaked. Tthe ballot escaped mostly unscathed. It had a little bit of a stain on it. Hope that doesn't nullify it. It only covers a bit of the bottom left corner. I voted republican as for the local government and state stuff. I had no idea on any of the facts so I guessed as well as I could. I sent it off a couple days ago, so it probably already made it. All the candy and the jar of jam made it as well as your card. I had to wash off the pumpkins and a bunch of the tootsie pops had salsa all over the sticks. Hope you enjoyed the letter? package? I don't know what to call it, but anyways hope you enjoy the cd cause I do.
I am trying as best I can to do what I can. I do a lot of studying which is good, because I have been a bit lax on that for the last little while. Not good, but I read all of the teachings of Joseph Smith book (awesome!) finished Jesus the Christ (whew, that was one big book, heavy reading), have started the book of Mormon again. Oh yeah, a while back I saw a member with a book that looked awesome, it was called Other Heroes of the Book of Mormon. It had some awesome pictures and stories in it. If you could track that down for me that would be awesome. It tells the story of lesser known heroes and people in the Book of Mormon and puts them in a better light and I thought that was way cool.
We will be expecting two more baptisms, and we just got a referral to this lady who wants to be baptized. We already taught her the first lesson, and we are going to try and set a date before Elder Gisseman leaves. It's not like we do absolutely nothing. We go and teach when we have appointments. We do have a car. Oh yeah, I am driving now because Elder Gisseman has too many violations so he doesn't have his driving privileges anymore! ha ha (kind of funny), but I have been learning to navigate Georgia roads (holy crap what a mess). Makes me miss utah with a nice even grid system over the spaghetti roads that make absolutely no sense. Anyways, I am trying and am learning as best I can. I love you all lots and hope to see you in 15 (almost 14) months (holy crap, my year mark is just around the corner!).
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment