Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:27 AM
Sorry, I didn't email on monday. Our P-day got moved from Monday to Wednesday because of zone conference. Anyways, at zone conference we met a member of the seventy, Elder Gavarett. He was cool. We all thought that he would be way strict at first, but he turned out to be a lot different.
The only problem with baptists down here are that they are so stubborn and so set in there ways, in the "wicked traditions of their fathers". We hear all the time "I'v already been saved". Which is really annoying because they believe that they are saved by grace and works mean nothing, even when you give them hard evidence in the bible. They will just shrug it off and keep being
stubborn. But gotta keep up those Christ like attributes, patience. Started carrying around a hand out type king James Bible. This week has been somewhat frustrating because of all the meetings and cleaning because the seventy was here we didn't really get to visit anyone or do any real work. But it is what it is. This week is flying by though. I am barely beginning to see what every older or return missionary says-is that it goes by way fast. I cannot believe that it has been almost a month so far. It is crazy. And about the Klan, it's not like they are everywhere and are all running around. I have only heard a few stories and rumours about them. And if you can, can you send me that essay on Aethism? That would be great.
Tell Ben that I expect to see him getting ready when I get home. Tell all my brothers that I miss them and think about them a lot. I love you all lots
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment