The Awesome Elder Jones

The Awesome Elder Jones
January 16, 2012

A long time ago, in an MTC far far away....

Hey guys, it has been a long and short couple of days here at the MTC. One thing that I heard about the MTC is that the days go by like weeks and the weeks go by like days. I have learned a lot so far but all of this is really overwelming, learning this stuff is like trying to drink from a fire hydrant -you get a little but mostly it just slaps you in the face.

So far the spirit has been really strong. Our District is awesome! We get along great. I don't think that there has been hardly any contention orarguing. Something else about our district that I have noticed and others have felt is that when we met each other some of us had the strangest feeling that we had met each other-- that we knew each other already even though we probably
never met before. I personally attribute this to the spirit. We have been blessed with a great bunch of elders which makes the next two or so weeks that I will be here that much better.

I met my comp. his name is Elder Vernon, he is from Colorado. He is great, and we get along great. He is a super nice guy (even though it is still weird that I have to be with someone else almost 24/7).I think that I have actually managed to gain a few pounds in the last couple of days. I think it comes from the fact that we get fed so much and we spend the rest of the time sitting in a classroom for several hours at a time. So our backsides get really sore and big. We don't have any sister missionaries in our district, which is a blessing I think because our district has problems staying focussed at times and that would probably compound the issue. So far my favorite day here has been Sunday, we don't really do much except study time and the devotionals are awesome.

I am very sure that angels are watching over us right now. In fact in the devotional the speaker outright said that family who had passed on are surely watching over us and gaurding us. A story that goes along with this would be something that I heard from one of my roomates (the other companionship in the room). Someone he knew - when that person was here he woke up in the middle of the night sensing that something wasn't right so he left his room, and when he went outside he saw two of the stripling warriors standing guard over every missionary door. He also saw Satan's spirits trying to gain entrance, but the stripling warriors were protecting them. That really stood out to me and I thought it was a really cool story and fills me with the knowledge that we are protected. And also that the adversary is striving against us, but we have to be strong and endure to the end.

Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment