The Awesome Elder Jones

The Awesome Elder Jones
February 13, 2012

Um you really don't need to know my new adress. They like you to send it to the mission office first incase we get transferred or something like that. Here is my apt adress just in case. 139 knight rd. Ellijay, Georgia 30540. Going good so far. Met the other part of our district. Don't really like the district leader all that much. He kind of tends to be on our tail WAY too much and seems to be kind of "imperious". But that is okay we deal with what we have to. I really like it up in the country. I hope that is what I mostly get on my mission. I do not think that I would be a happy camper in the city. I think I remember telling you about the MARTA experience. Although, one bad thing about the area is there are ALOT of hardshell baptists (which is a weird name because they don't believe baptism is a saving ordinance) and rebels. Also I have heard that there is Klan activity in this area. In fact one of the Elders, Elder Quaid, told a story that he got emergency transfered out of Ellijay because the klan was choosing a new grand wizard or something like that. Although that really does not surprise me at all what with all the rebel flags I see around. But don't let those things make the area sound bad. I love the people around here, even if they don't accept what you are saying. They will still hear you out. They just let you know that they are a hardshell baptist or whatever they may be, and "I aint fix'n to change, I wars barn'n raised baptist, an I'm fix'n ta die baptist" (southern....). I REALLY love the food here. I had meat balls the other day and they did not taste like any meatball I had ever tasted back home (I never knew you could use something besides tomato sauce, but it was WAY better the way I had them, you should try using something else with meatballs like bbq sauce or something that sounds good.) Had grits for the first time. I liked them. I like our companionships. We are obedient, but we still have a good time. You can't be a robot (because if being a robot worked, I suspect we wouldn't be out here) good thing people are better than robots. I plan on sending you guys pictures as soon as I can, but as I said you gave me the wrong USB cord to the camera and I don't know if the computer takes sd cards. So I will probably try and mail you some pictures or something when I write grandma. Something cool from being out here or since being set apart is the spirit. Before it was never a distinct always feeling, but more often it is coming in direct words in my head-it is kind of cool. Anyways if I think of anything else to say I will write it down or something and tell you next P-day.
Love you lots
Elder Jacob Christian Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment