







Hey Family,
I just wanted to send some pictures from the MTC. The picture with 4 people are our companionship and the other one that lives with us. The one with 8-10 is our district. There are a couple pictures with my companion Elder Vernon. In the picture with four of us (outside) from left to right Elders Vernon, Bridge, Me, Evans. The picture with 8 people go from left to right: Elder Bridge, Synelnikov (from Ukraine), Vernon, me, Evans, Adams, Jell, Jo. There are two others who are in the district are Elder Moore and Bates. There is my district, District 11-C (C is for Celestial). Bye.
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones
*****************************
*****************************
Yeah I got all the stuff, thanks mom. I got my imunization record and got the second Hep A, (cost me $71 though :(Over all I have been doing well. They feed us way too much food, in the last week I have gained almost ten pounds, That is astounding to me. I am so glad that I am in the MTC for only three weeks. I am not entirely sure that I could take it here for nine weeks or more. In that aspect I am blessed. I just cannot wait to get out into the mission feild. I just have to say that the district we have now is great, though I am sad to see some of them go, because when we all go some will be going to Washington DC and the rest of us will leave the next day to Atlanta. We leave on the 31st, we will have to be at the travel office at 5:30 am and our plane will leave at 8:30 am. So a little before that I will be going to call, probably around 7ish but be prepared on tuesday the 31st they are letting us call before we leave I do believe. I am so happy that Dad got the job and you don't have to uproot the family again. So you know how Grayden (hope I spelled that right, probably not) Morin went to the same mission, as well as Nina Esplin, think that when I get out there you could send some contact info or anyone who they would want us to look up when we get there. Also if you could get me contact info from other freinds or family so I could maybe send them some letters or get letters from them too.
Love you lots,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones.
***********
January 30, 2012 - E-mail from MTC
Wow, I am really ready to be out of the MTC, I mean it's alright but I doubt I would be able to take it for more than three weeks (must be why I was sent on an english speaking mission). If you can, could you send me some information from the REAL world, because we are somewhat deprived of news, or things that are going on here and stuff like that would be nice to know. Again I would like to ask if you could send some missionary experiences that you had when you were on your mission (like stuff out of your journal, if you still have it) that would be great. and yes I will try and call you in the air port, it will be about somewhere between 5 and 8 in the morning (utah time) because 5 is when we leave for the airport and 8 is when the flight leaves (should be fun ;) ) man I hope that I can get to sleep on the plane or I will be exhausted when I get to Georgia. I feel that I have grown stronger in the gospel, and feel WAY more confident about teaching people than I did when I came in here. I can see how the spirit guides our lessons and plants ideas in my head when I am teaching of what to say (if the investigator, or my companion lets me get a word in) and it usually works out. There has been some fun little things that we have been doing to keep ourselves entertained, one is the spoon game; where you take a spoon from the cafateria and try and slip it in someones pocket without them noticing (from our own district of course) and it gets passed along. another thing though is what we call the "temptations of the mtc" which are as follows: to fast or not, to eat the cookie that you just grabbed even though you are already full, wether to write in your journal or not, write letters not on P-day, and some other things that seem small out there but are big in here. honestly they feed us WAY to much here, I mean serriously even I have managed to gain alomost ten pounds since being here (I know shocking right?) I almost way 150 now (its totally all muscle am just so ripped, GRRR!). well thats all I really have to say right now soooo..... I 'll talk to you at the air port. Love you all lots um.... everything that I really have to say I will say when I call tomorrow morning we only have like 15 min. to talk though so it will have to be fast :(. P.S. if you can, it would be way cool if you could find dads old missionary nametag and send it to me or something, that woudl be way cool. As well as any missionary exp. from his journal if you could find it. k, see you and bye.
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment