The Awesome Elder Jones

The Awesome Elder Jones

E-Mail 10/14/13 - Baptism, Transfers, pictures and link to cute voicemail we received about Elder Jones!

Hey,
 
Things are going good, got the transfer calls.  Elder Larsen is leaving to Cornellia and I'm staying with Elder Childs who is going home at the end of this next transfer, so just one more one transfer companion to add to the list.  That's cool that you got the call.  She told us that she was going to say all of those things at dinner.  She does that all the time and does her best to sound as Southern as possible.  I still don't know about the whole "coming to pick me up" thing, like I said I would prefer to fly home get released and go back and visit later.  But whatever works if you are going to come, I really can't stop you.  And yes we did have the baptism on Sunday.  It was awesome.  I have never seen someone so excited to be baptized!  It was awesome!  I'll try and put some pictures on of it and some other ones that I have taken thus far.  Stake conference was good.  They got a new stake president.  We also got to go to the adult session which is different.  Missionaries don't normally go there and that was really good.  Anyways that's about that for now. So -- Love you all.
 
Elder Jacob Christian Jones
 

NOTE: (The link below is the voicemail we (Don and Annette) from a family that had Elder Jones and his companions and some sister missionaries over for dinner.  We were gone to choir practice and missed the call!  We thought it was cute and thought we would share it with those who follow Elder Jones' blog)
 


Pictures that Elder Jones sent to us------
Baptism on 10/13/13 - Jacob said Stewart was so excited to be baptized and that it was awesome to see that!
Elder Jones went to a buffet place and chose the most Southern cuisine he could!  He wanted to show us the Southern fare!
 

Elder Larsen and Elder Childs

Beautiful park scenery!

Elder Jones took a selfie!

Lookin' cool Elder Jones!



No comments:

Post a Comment