The Awesome Elder Jones

The Awesome Elder Jones

10/7/13 - EMail - One week back on the mission and new release date - May 15, 2014

Things are going pretty good here in Gainesville.  Can't believe it's been more than a week now.  I really enjoyed general conference, and I liked President Uchdorf's talk as well. I think he is probably one of my favorite speakers.  My companions are pretty good - Elder Childs is from Gunnison Utah - he's all right.  He has Asbergers (I have no idea how to spell it, essentially higher functioning autism), so he's not to quick on the uptake alot of times but he's a good guy.  Elder Larsen is from around Tooele.  Him and I seem to get along great.  He's cool.  As for the area I am liking it. We have a few solid investigators -- one who is a black guy in his fifties or so -- named Stewart who is on date for the 13th (we're having stake conference here so we have to do it on Sunday cause the bishopric has meetings).  And another guy named Segerra (I hope I spelled it right) who is from Puerto Rico and is about 82, he is pretty awesome and loves to talk and wants to be baptized, and he is on date for november 9th so far.  Other than that things have been the usual missionary stuff.
I didn't get last weeks email.  I don't know if you could resend it or whatever it doesn't matter to me.  Some letters would be nice from time to time.  I know its only been a week but the rule still applies.
Love,

Elder Jacob Christian Jones

oh ps.... President just told me my new release date will be May 15th. according to the mission office.

No comments:

Post a Comment