Monday, August 13, 2012 11:56 AM
Ok, so the basic low down is that I am with Elder Beus and Elder Miller for the time being. We actually have a car because Elder Miller had previously broken his arm and we will probably still have to by the end of the transfer which will be the 29th. Also, I will know when I am going to be getting a new companion by then, so for the next couple weeks just send it to the mission office because it will be hard to get down to Johns Creek apartment to pick it up. We will be there today to clean it so I will check the mail then. It has been pretty crazy, but we are still doing work and I will be calling people that we have in the Johns creek area and I will probably get put back in there at the end of the this transfer at the latest (maybe they'll give me a greenie!!! :) probably not, they probably want someone who won't totally ruin a new ;) JK, I would probably do fine. I have learned a few new card games on p-days - a couple that I would suggest would be Rook, Hit the Deck, Monopoly Deal, Spades, Casino, and I think that I will try and pick up pinochle on the next few p-days. I remember bowling. I am the gutter ball king, that gutter is mine I own it so you have to pay me royalties to use it :) I have also improved in basketball. I am still not any good at it, but I do try when we play it. As for piano I can play Star Wars and Lord of the Rings from memory, and I can read music pretty well so if I practiced enough I could get good at a song. I am not terrible at sight reading. I can play the right hand pretty well on Master the Tempest is raging, but I am still working on the left when I can find time to practice. The weather has actually cooled down a lot here. It is really nice. I have heard a little about the olympics, I hear that the US got first in metal count and first in golds. And with the political race picking up we have heard a little about Romney from people and heard that he picked his vice recently. I have been having a great time with Elder Miller and Elder Beus, (Elder Miller by the way is a marine but chose to put it on hold for two years for his mission). I just hope they get me back in Johns Creek so I can get back to work there. I don't feel right. I have been reading my way through the Book of Mormon again. I started again back in June. I think and I am already through to 3rd Nephi 11 where the Savior comes to the Americas, and when I am done with it I will go through again but this time I will mark it up and put tabs in it, I think Alma 30 through 39 is Alma's visit to the Zoromites as well as his council to his sons Helaman and Shiblon and starting in on his council to Corianton. It is some good stuff. I especially like the prayer Alma gives on behalf of all his bretheren that he brought with him I like to substitute my name and your names and the names of the missionaries I serve with in the place of Ammon, Aaron, Himner, Omni, Zeezrom, and his three sons. I love the Book of Mormon. It's awesome. I wish I had actually started diligent study of the scriptures and Preach My Gospel before I left. I kind of put it to the side so I wasn't as prepared as I could have been and I had to pretty much learn it in the MTC and in the field. So my advice to the rest of my brothers and to the young men in the ward is to earnestly prepare and read the scriptures and preach my gospel and prepare, so you don't have to learn through experience in the field.
I love all of you guys alot, and I will see you in 17 months.
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment