Hey, guys. Um just so you know the package I am sending home, if you want to you could count it towards Dads and Mitchells B-day present I guess. The thing, I bought it at the thrift store we volunteer at for super cheap. I think I only paid like $2.50 on it. when I bought it I kept it in a box for a while and never toutched it and plan to send it to you today.
Lets see, some interesting and crazy things that have happened recently: well the most crazy thing is we got the cops called on us last Wednesday I thinkit was (it might have been tuesday too but I don't remember). The details of the story go as follows, we drive up to this ladies house, who we had previously gotten in with and shared a quick message and she was really nice and gave uscokes and we talked alot and invited us back. So on wednesday (or tuesday) we go back to her house and her grandson answers the door and tells us that she will be back in a little bit. So we decide to knock on her neighbors door, but nobody answered. After that we walk back to our car, which was parked acrossed the street, and this lady comes out of the basement of the house and startsgoing psycho on us screaming "you better get that car away from here, I don't want to see it here again or I'm calling the cops!" and we are like, What's the problem? what did we do to upset you? And she proceeds to call the police telling them that "there are these guys parked in front of my house and they won't leave, I don't know who they are." and at that point we had already toldthem that we were missionaries from the church. Told her hold on we are leaving already and we were putting our stuff in the car and she was telling a bunch of lies like "they're starting to get agressive with me right now and they are not leaving". Even though we were getting ready to go, so we decide to just get in our car and pull up the same street aways where she couldn't see us and wait for the cops. And they come pulling up behind us about five minutes later (a Sheriff's car) and two of them come up on either side of the window, and we tell them our story and by the end of it they were laughing and said if they were us they would stay away from that house from then on. They ran our liscences and went to go and talk to the lady. After that we felt like complete crap, so we figured that the best way to feel better is by doing the Lord's work. So we goand contact on the square in down town Ellijay, and we talk to some nice people, and immediately we feel a hundred times better. And any ways thats the craziest thing that has happened this week.
Oh and this one other thing, there is this couple that we have been teaching and have extended a baptismal date to, and plan to get them married. They were thinking of moving away from Georgia and moving out west, and I think they were thinking of moving to Utah. So if you could look up how work and housing prices are around in Utah if you get the time. They are really awesome and I think they are my favorite investigators to teach (eventhough I am not supposed to take favorites:). With this couple we have had a cool experience about prayer, we brought him to church one day, and afterwords he told us that he had a dream that he and Kasie (his girlfriend) got married at the church and were then baptized. He then asked "do I need to be married to be baptized?" which was amazing because Elder Farr and I have been praying for them to have the strength and desire to get married, and we can tell that they really love each other and they have a little baby girl named Abbigale I think, and they are really good for each other. We just got through teaching and comitting them to the word of wisdom, which they didn't really have that much problem other than Johnny drinks some coffee and sweet tea. The spirit was there and he committed, she didn't really have any problems with it, she says that she doesn't really like coffee or tea.
That is about all I can think of right now, If I have any other thoughts or stories to tell, I will enclose them with the package I will try and send today or tomorrow depending. Love you all lots, remember to tell Ben that I expect to see him getting his papers in when I get back, and I will see you in 22 months.
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones.
Elder Jacob Christian Jones.
Oh and PS. see if you can find any good church/spiritual music (not just Mo tab) stuff like Josh Groban, and the prince of egypt soundtrack is ok, if you can find an album that is titled the Joseph Smith tribute CD can you get it, if not I will burn a copy from the one that my
companion has. K. thanks.
companion has. K. thanks.
PPS. you guys should make mormon.org profiles so maybe I could hand them out with mormon.org cards. that would be awesome.
PPPS. here are some pictures I have taken, jut to clarify. the Blonde one is Elder Beus, The dark haired one ( the one with a mug) is Elder Farr my comp, and the other one is Elder Quaid. and there are a couple pics of the rebel flag and a waffle house (which are everywhere) and a funny church message board (of whichI will find more). and that is it for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment