E-Mail 3/10/14
Not much to report this week. It was pretty slow we ended up helping this Hispanic
family move (who spoke very little English and occasionally forgot that we
didn't speak Spanish :) And that went
longer than we expected (they drove us clear out of our area, but hey we had no
idea ignorance is bliss.) Then we had a
couple long meetings (one of was good we got to hear from Elder Quentin L. Cook
and a few area seventies) and on Thursday it rained all day and we got drenched
and not a whole lot happened. So our
numbers weren't that great. I hope the
weather holds out nice from here on out, should be lighter later now so we can
do more in the evening time, if so then should be a better week. Having a bad week just means the next one can
only be better right? (hoping, I'm not
tempting fate with that one ;) As for
the current pictures, we can do that as long as I don't give any of them to
someone for a gift. We're gonna have our
zone conference this week so I'll give the framed picture to President Wolfert
then. We can totally go biking. I'm like an expert now (and West Haven has
like NO hills compared to Georgia, should be a breeze). Oh....and speaking of biking, you know how
cars have something against me or something?
Yeeeahh... well a couple of weeks ago I got hit while biking, by a car,
crossing an intersection. Once again I
prove that I am invulnerable to cars and was not injured at all. But the bike I was riding was a little messed
up (I was borrowing one of the Spanish Elder’s bikes because mine needed
work). Just figured I'd mention that
now....seeing as I didn't mention it the week of. Oh well, my bike is fixed now, and the Spanish
Elder says he's not really in any hurry with it because Spanish Elders here
almost NEVER use their bikes anyways.
The bike pretty much just needs new wheels because they were the part of
the bike that got messed up. Don't know
how much that costs, but we'll figure it out.
I think soon I'm gonna get moving on selling my bike. I'm thinking somewhere between $250 and $275
would be alright as it has had a bit of wear and tear and some work that isn't
a problem but could need doing in the future.
Anywho, I can’t think of a whole lot to say, so just email back whenever
you feel like it. Love y’all lots!!!
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones
P.S. Technically the
car was at fault. She was stopped at a
stop sign off a fairly main road and Elder Jensen crossed in front of her and I
was right behind him, so I ride right in front of her and she starts to
go. She didn't put on any gas
luckily. T-boned the bike, pushed me
over a little bit, but somehow I caught myself and didn't fall over and walked
my bike to the curb in one motion. It
was kind of cool actually (although any faster and she would of knocked me into
a bus that was stopped right there, probably wouldn't have felt too good
;) Also once again totally dominated
ultimate frisbee last week, booYAAA!!! Take that! We'll be playing soccer at the intermural
fields today with the zone. Should be
fun. Hey do you remember where Paul
served in Guatemala? Or where Etel is
from? We have an Elder who shares our
area who is from Guatemala. I think I
must have done something to the inventor of the car in the pre-existence or
something. I don't cause any of these
things to happen. They just seem to find
me :/ what evs.
(In answer to Mom to be careful) That’s what I do, just too
many ditzy college students around here haha :)
E-Mail 3/17/14
Yes, she was ditzy -- as for cute, meh. We haven't gotten it taken in yet, but
whenever it happens I'll at least pay for part of it. But no she wasn't cited. I didn't want to make that big of a deal out
of it at the time. Not a ton happened
this week other than Zone Conference. Elder Kopischke from the 70 came and spoke and
it was really good -- long meeting though, six hours with a lunch break. Didn't get a ton done that day. I did hit my head pretty good yesterday on a
clothes line pole, put a gash on the top of my head inside my hair, bled like
crazy. But I got it taken care of and it
wasn't too bad. It has been random with
the weather lately -- one day it will be warm and sunny in the seventies and
eighties and the next cold rainy and miserable.
I got sunburned a little the other day up my fore arms and my face. Still struggling in the way of investigators,
or rather PROGRESSING investigators, but we're working. We just have to keep on moving forward. I'm not gonna stop working till the bitter
end. That’s crazy with Ben working on
his papers, time moves too fast :/ Was
the movie any good? I'll have to catch
it when I get back along with Enders Game and the second Hobbit. And the other
ones that I missed while I was home. It
is crazy to me that I have practically no time left at all. I can't think of much else to say, but I love
you all lots!!
Love,
Elder Jacob Christian Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment